Smart Actions is an app that comes pre-installed on most Motorola devices, especially the Droid Razr. I personally use the smart actions app all the time. I use it to automate certain repetitive tasks associated with my phone. Sometimes the app can stop working properly. I have tried all the typical techniques to fix smart actions, when it stops working properly. the first technique I use to troubleshoot is as follows:
- Navigate to your phone settings app
- Under the “device” section, find “apps” and select it
- Once in this section, you may find the app in the downloaded section, but you will most likely find it in the running apps section when you swipe the screen to the left.
- Scroll up until you find “SmartActions” and select it.
- In this screen you may see something that says “1 process and 3 services”. press stop for every service.
- Now back out of this screen and swipe left again. You should see a list of programs underneath a heading “all”
- Scroll down till you see SmartActions. There should be three instances. the App itself, the android framework for the app and the proprietary framework.
- Under the proprietary framework and Android framework, click force stop
- Now go under SmartActions and select force stop
- Now scroll down a little and select ‘clear data” – note, this will delete all your current smart actions saved. But they dont work anyway, so not much of a loss there.lol
- Now, restart your phone and create a new smart action. You should be all set….except for making your smartactions again!
If by some rare occurrence this does not work, you can always do a Factory Reset!
DOWNLOAD MY FREE WEBSITE OPTIMIZATION CHECKLIST
($39 VALUE FOR FREE!)
👉 CLICK HERE TO GET IT NOW! 👈