About a month ago, I began experiencing issues with my Droid RAZR M. I went to download an app and got an error. The error was:
Error retrieving information from server RPC S-7 AEC-0
Now, at the time, I just ignored it and gave up, thinking it was a one time issue. Oh well, next reboot it will fix itself. Well 4 weeks later, several reboots and 60 forums later I finally figured out MY fix.
DOWNLOAD MY FREE WEBSITE OPTIMIZATION CHECKLIST
($39 VALUE FOR FREE!)
👉 CLICK HERE TO GET IT NOW! 👈
Under my phones general settings, there is a category called accounts. This where you setup your gmail and other necessary accounts for your phones apps to use and connect with. When I looked in there, I noticed two of my gmail accounts were having “sync” issues. So here are the steps I used to address the syncing issues, which, in turn, fixed my google play issues. I had three total accounts under google, so I assumed I could delete the two bad accounts, and re-connect them. Which I did, which worked perfect! Here are the steps.
- if you have only one google account which is causing issues, you will need to add an account. this is temporary, so you can add a friends or relatives gmail account to just fix this temporary issue, or just make a new account. If you have multiple accounts, you can move to step 2.
- Once you have two accounts or more on your phone, one good x bad, you can remove the bad syncing account. (probably has a red swirl next to it, or says can not sync.)
- Once you have removed the account, remove any other bad syncing accounts. You should be left with only one, properly syncing account (green swirl)
- Now, back out of google accounts menu, into your phones main “accounts” area. scroll down till you see “add account”.
- Add the bad syncing account back in using the steps your phone asks when you select “add account”
- Once you have the account reconnected, it will take time to sync.
- Once it syncs properly, you should be able to go back to google play and start happily downloading again!
- The message(error retrieving information from server RPC S-7 AEC-0) should not cause you any more frustrations, ever!